Car accident injuries can be extensive and can also worsen over time. Some car accident injuries may not be immediately evident at the car accident but can cause the victim physical, financial and emotional damages down the road. For that reason, it is important to be familiar with car accident injuries and the importance of seeking medical care following a car accident.
Types of car accident injuries
There are several common types of car accident injuries including:
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries are injuries to the ligaments and tendons. Whiplash injuries are a common type of soft tissue injury that car accident victims can sustain. Whiplash injuries can worsen over time and be difficult to treat.
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries can include concussions or traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries may not be immediately evident following the car accident but can also be difficult and costly to treat.
- Neck and back injuries: Neck and back injuries, including herniated discs, can be common car accident injuries.
- Broken bones and contusions: Broken bones, fractures and contusions are common injuries for car accident victims to suffer.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding and injuries to internal organs are another type of injury car accident victims can suffer.
It is important for victims are car accidents to see a doctor and receive the medical care and treatment they need for the injuries and damages they suffered in a car accident. It is also important to document their damages, and the medical care and treatment they have received for their injuries, which a personal injury claim for damages may be able to help them recover compensation for.